Below you’ll find answers to our most commonly asked questions. If you don’t find the answer you are looking for, please contact us.
“Wayfinding” is anything that helps you find your way, including signage, maps, websites, schedules, and apps, just to name a few. The Wayfinding Master Plan will address how each of these elements guide you from Point A to Point B on your journey. A new consistent signage system will be the largest wayfinding improvement to the SEPTA system, making our network easier to use and understand than ever before.As we build a new signage system from the ground up, we are starting with the basics – standardized terms, colors, symbols, and communications standards. The most important aspect of an effective wayfinding system is consistency. Once we have these details finalized, we can begin broadening our scope, including digital tools and real-time information.
About The Rail Transit Network
Recommendations & Public Input
- A public survey, available in English, Spanish and Chinese, that received over 1,500 responses;
- Workshops with internal and external stakeholders and SEPTA employees;
- One-on-one and group conversations with advocacy groups, interest groups, and neighborhood groups, to name a few;
- A high-tech study that allowed us to “step into our riders’ shoes;”
- A “Transit Map Tuesday” social media campaign
- Regular consultation with the SEPTA Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) and Youth Advisory Council (YAC);
- And many years of tweets, letters, frustrations, thoughtful fan proposals, and suggestions.
Next Steps and Feedback
- Intuitive real-time arrival signage
- Neighborhood maps
- Digital signage
- Signage for local attractions
- And much more!
- View our interactive map and visit our Get Involved page to leave feedback.
- View a Wayfinding Information Center in-person: Read about our recommendations in English and Spanish.
- If you would like to ask questions or share feedback, send us an email at email@example.com
- Leave us a voicemail: Don’t have a smartphone or internet access? No problem! Leave us a voicemail at (888) 281-1999.
- Tweet us: We’ll collect feedback and answer questions submitted to @ISEPTAPHILLY and @SEPTA_Social